Coming Soon: Sub-$100 Recorder Roundup!

Recently I was bestowed product review powers by B&H, with whom I am affiliated as an affiliate (pun intended). This allows me to make requests for products I would like to review for the blog. After purchasing a Zoom H1 and making an episode all about accessories for it, I began to wonder what else was available for the same price.

I perused B&H's catalog and discovered the obvious Tascam models (like the DR-05) as well as some I'd never heard of before. Could there be a great deal of a recorder that could compete with the Zoom H1 and maybe give me buyer's remorse? I put in my request and it was granted! I now have a group of recorders to put through the paces for the next thirty days.

Stay tuned to this blog for the next week or so to discover my findings.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Poor pun...
Jeff said…
Looking forward to it!
Kyle said…
Did you ever find a recorder that was better than the Zoom H1? I plan on buying the Zoom in the next few days unless something else shows up.
Scott Eggleston said…
Kyle,

The review is coming on Tuesday or Wednesday (finally!), where all your questions will be answered. Sound tests included.
Kyle said…
Fantastic looking forward to it!
Phil Combs said…
I've been interested in the DR-05 but have heard bad things about its limiter--namely, that it's action is so fast/hard that the volume drops out. I'd be interested to hear your feelings about that issue.