PVC Mic Stand

Here's a combination of two previous projects that worked together to solve a production problem. The problem was a boom mic shadow that would appear no matter where we tried to place it over head. The solution was to create a plant mic from the shotgun that would hide below a kitchen counter out of camera range.

The stand you see above is a combination of parts from a PVC light stand (the stand + an elbow joint), a 3/4" to 1/2" adapter and the PVC mic shockmount. It assembled quickly and we had our audio.

I seem to find new uses for the PVC light stand parts every time I go on a shoot. They have become an indispensable part of my filmmaking tools. Stay tuned for more contraptions.

Comments

Ben said…
Awesome I could use this in a big way for my podcast. Thanks
Unknown said…
Pretty versatile..... Im about to try the light stand as a holder for my green screen background and see if it works..... Its a very versatile design...
Scott Eggleston said…
It should work fine for that, but I recommend adding the third leg (see video) for added stability.

Good luck!