Frugal Cage Fixes (Camera Cage)



When I shot my short film Invader awhile back, I was able to fully test the Frugal Cage, using all the goodies that I had acquired with it. Things went really well, but like all field tests, there were some minor things that needed improving.

The episode above are the implemented improvements. Two are very simple and the third is a bit more complex. The resulting changes make the unit function a lot better (I know changing lenses and batteries will be much easier now) the next time I use it on a film.

If you'd like to watch all the videos (and blog posts) associated with the Frugal Cage, here they are:

The Frugal Camera Cage
External HD Monitor Review
$37 Follow Focus Review
Camera External Battery Power
Battery Cradle Switch Hack
Camera Lens Bands
Monitor Hood
Camera Quick Release Showdown
Camera Grip Handle

There may be more of these in the future as I think this gadget performs very well and can easily accommodate other small cameras over the years as I upgrade.





Comments