Frugal Friday: Vivitar VT4 Tripod Steady



While I do have several larger episodes in the works, sometimes the crush of life just won't let you get them out on time! That's why I'm going with a quickie today under the moniker "Frugal Friday". Since my normal episodes come out on Thursday, Friday is a good day for a light snack just before the weekend.

I'm starting the series with a look at the Vivitar VT4 Tripod Steady, which is currently on sale on Amazon for $5. It's a handy little device that gives you a little "tripod" (actually closer to a stand) whose legs fold up into an angled pistol grip. The 1/4-20" thread lets you attach your camera, audio recorder, lights, shockmounts, or anything else that fits on this standard thread size.

Yesterday, while shooting stills with my tiny Sony NEX 5n, I found an altogether new use for it. Press play to find out what that was...

 

Comments