DSLR Debate: The Cartoon!



And now for something completely different, I decided to take a stab at Animation for Dummies, by using YouTube's GoAnimate.  This program lets you do simple 2D animated stories and has just enough features to make it worthwhile. I won't go into everything, but after using it all day to create the above short, I can see its potential for non-animators. My favorite feature is the ability to import audio files, which are a lot better for your production than the cheesy "text-to-speech" gizmo that gives you robotic dialogue.

I don't know if these "cartoons" will become regular productions with me (we'll see what the reaction is like), but it is cool to branch out into forms of storytelling I've never tried before. It's all part of the perpetual learning experience.

Comments

Vin Weathermon said…
This is SO fun!!! I'll have to check it out....
Surveyor55 said…
I liked it. Good scripting!
DIYFilmSchool.net said…
Nice little deviation from the norm :)

The antagonist You is the kind of persistent gnat I love to hate. I remember wanting to do my own animated shorts, but couldn't find a suitable program. I believe I saw Go Animate at some time and now I'll have to really check it out.