Quick Release Puck (Plate) for $8.68



Recently there was a comment on YouTube concerning the PVC Stabilizer Rig. This comment spoke of a modification using a universal quick plate system that didn't cost very much. That comment lead me to this post at Frugal Photog, which detailed the system and praised its use. I was so sold on the idea that I bought 6 of these and integrated them into all of my rigs. Now I can move my camera between rigs quickly and I save wear and tear on my mounting threads.

Comments

Jurate Phillips said…
I use these on all of my set ups! They were hard to find last summer so get them while you can!
Unknown said…
Okay, so I've been hunting for a viable quick-release for the handheld stabilizer, the shoulder rig, table dolly and a few others I've made. I may have to pick up 4 or 5 of them now since I'm planning on building the jib and I need something for my homemade steadicam. Also gonna make a proper dolly in a while (Killer Camera Rigs).
m00tmike said…
How "universal" are these? I've just started building some DIY rigs and I am worried about stripping out my mounting threads. But I'm not sure if they will fit my tripod. Also, Amazon was all out of them!! Argh!
Josh said…
using them on your tripod is easy, you permanently mount one "Puck" to your tripod's quick release plate. Done
Jeffrey Collins said…
Yeah they are finally available again. Gonna have to pick me up a few of these babies.
Anonymous said…
Do you put the spring and nuts back in before you put the puck on? Isn't the spring necessary?
Unknown said…
The mount isn't available on Amazon. Can you get it somewhere else?