Thursday, February 10, 2011

Royalty Free Music for Your Video Projects



Okay, I admit it, I'm spoiled. Whenever I have something I really want to put music to, I use a composer. I have a great relationship with a guy who scores most of my stuff and I'm even getting to the point where I can pay him once and awhile. Sometimes, however, this is overkill.

Knoptop chimes in this week with an episode of Quick FX which reveals a great list of resources that will fill any music need you probably have (like a background track), just short of actually involving musical talent. A good example is the nifty riff he employs in his own show that quickens the pace and carries an air of fun creativity.

6 comments:

mantic59 said...

Also check out freemusicarchive.org

thairocksuperstar said...

Also if you fancy free a Moby track on your project, check out http://www.mobygratis.com/film-music.html

gret said...

http://www.jewelbeat.com/ is one not to miss. Hi quality music.

Oops my info was wrong.

bill said...

picking up a program like Sony's Acid or Magix MusicMaker works well too, though it does take a bit of work.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, this is the best list ever!
I'm a filmmaker and I haven't heard of half of those before. (Also I mainly used composers before)
Cheers, man!

-Paulina

Jony Tiyed said...

Musicalise.me represents a new concept in the world of royalty free music marketplaces. Rather than a set price for licenses, visitors to this royalty free music library can actually choose how much they wish to pay to license each individual track. Granted, there is a minimum fee of $1 for every track, but considering that this covers a license for unlimited usages this is truly royalty free music for free.