Getting YouTube Videos into your RSS Reader

Since YouTube is such a huge resource for video content, I thought it might be good to be aware of new stuff when it gets uploaded. I read numerous blogs for information using an RSS (Real Simple Syndication) reader that lets me scan them all quickly. Wouldn't it be great if you could do the same with video?

After a bit of poking around I found a link that told me how to do just that. While there are several ways of finding what you are looking for based on tags, channels or keywords, I was most interested in new uploads relating to filmmaking. This is how you do it:

http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?orderby=updated&vq=filmmaking

Just replace "filmmaking" with any key word you want and you will get the RSS feed you desire. Then just add it into your reader. It's that easy.

Comments

DIYFilmSchool.net said…
Can you do this same kind of thing with your own channel; make it available by RSS?