Action!

I know it's been forever since I've written anything and I apologize. My life went pretty wacko while going to school and directing Midnyte, a web series for my job. As I've since been moved to contractor status, things have calmed down a bit. I think.

A lot of amazing things are happening that continue to inspire me that the internet is still the future for filmmakers with little or no money to work with. There is so much information (see the sidebar for some excellent blogs I frequent) and opportunity waggling in front of us, that we just need to grab it.

I'm inspired by Nina Paley's Sita Sings the Blues, an animated film with a distribution and profit model that is very exciting. It goes like this: release your movie everywhere possible for free, then sell the "containers" (DVDs, T-shirts, pins) to make money. It's the same as the Homestar Runner model only with a film. It's brilliant and is something we all could do. After all, we all have access to the same internet.

Finally, I'm doing another short film for school and have decided on an action slant. Entitled No Man's Land, it will feature an ensemble cast, machine guns, a deserted jail, explosions, body armor and RPGs. What else could you want in a microbudget movie?

Comments