Frugal Cage Teleprompter



As promised in the Frugal Camera Cage II video, I've created a teleprompter option that I've detailed in the above video. Prompters are great for reading copy while looking directly into the camera lens. I've been struggling lately with having to adlib all of my content, but writing it then reading while looking into the camera should makes this process a lot easier less stressful.


Since the main Frugal Cage is already in place, adding the reflective glass and repositioning my external monitor was easy. Next, I fed the monitor from my laptop using the free Easyprompter.com. All I have to do is read while the text scrolls. I still make mistakes, but now I don't have to worry that I'll be up all night trying to hit the same points in every take. It's all right there in front of me.


PARTS LIST
Dual flash bracket (straight)
Hot/cold shoe camera adapter
Glass from 5"x7" picture frame (any retail store)
Mini ball head

OPTIONAL
Tablet tripod mount
Smartphone tripod mount
Quick Release Showdown

Comments